Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When you were thinking of sex

When you were thinking of sex
I was thinking of advaita, the cosmic fusion.
When you were thinking of love
I was thinking of soul mates.
When you were thinking of you and me
I was thinking of us.
When you thought that 'I' am begging,
'I' had already surrendered my ego to love
When you thought 'I' am Vulnerable
'I' was the strong one with all of me given to Love.
You are the one who is running,
You are one looking for a escape route,
You are the one afraid to look into yourself and let go.

You come from a world where two separate souls meet, interact and
move on carrying what you brought in.

For me, there is no 'I'. My love is a seamless merging.
That is why I cannot let go. You are in me.
I have fused myself into togetherness with nothing separate.

Where can you go ?

Now, do you comprehend the depth of my pain?
It is the pain of the womb,
As the child is forcibly separated from the mother,
It is a mental tearing off,
limb by limb,
trying to identify
what is yours and
what is mine.

- Srividya Srinivasan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey..awesome thoughts!!!

Unknown said...

hey..awesome thoughts!!!

joy said...

not just this one,i have read allthe posts on this blog.how brave and what unfoldment.

Alphonse said...

Srima
this is what I tell my own children.. by surendering everything totally.. you become the empoerer of the other or others..I see the apin and agony in these words.. the picture it builds.. is one pathos but at the end it empowers people.. elevates human soul and body.. well done thangam.. wonderful..
Anbudan
Alphonse

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of "you say goodbye, i say hello" by the beatles.

But really, it shows the ways of people and no people can think the same, even in love.

Love is colonization. The line between surrendering and taking over is blurred. Binaries merge and opposites overlap.

You and me is different from us. The subtle changes in thought is what gives love its love-hate dimension.

Must be quite a mind game to be in love with you?!